Executive Director: Agatha Bodwell
Parish Outreach: Robert Aufiero
Our efforts are concentrated on helping parishioners support pro-family policies and influence the political culture in a positive way.
The following is a list of our activities:
1) Educate parish communities on public policy issues.
2) Teach the laity how to effectively lobby their elected leaders.
3) Organize and facilitate grassroots initiatives.
4) Publish and distribute Candidate Position papers.
5) Encourage Catholics to run for office.
We support the public policy initiatives of the Roman Catholic Bishops of Massachusetts. If you are a Catholic who agrees that we need to pay attention to what is happening in our communities and take action, please contact us
Catholic Citizenship's Coat of Arms
1. Our crest is a BIHSOP'S MITRE representing respect to AUTHORITY,meaning we operate under the blessing and guidance of our diocesan bishops (each with his own coat of arms). Our fundamental guiding principle is to adhere to the Magisterium of the Church.
2. Color significance--RED (the color of the shield's field) means WARRIOR, MARTYR, STRENGTH and MAGNANIMITY. (We are united to fight the good fight.) GOLD (the color in the Passion cross) means ELEVATION of the MIND (We seek to educate the laity).
*There are many different ways to divide a shield in the art of heraldry, as well as many different crosses. We chose the Passion cross to remind us of what our Lord did for us.
3. The shield elements are the symbols that appear on a shield. One reads a coat of arms like one reads a book--from left to right, up then down. According to the symbols of blazonry:
The TORCH has generally represented LIFE. (We are Pro-Life)
The HOLY FAMILY represents the family as a loving husband and wife open to receiving the gift of children as used by the Mass. Catholic Conference in its statewide marriage initiative, "The Future Depends on Love." (We are Pro-Family)
The JUDICIAL SCALES stand for JUSTICE.
The PILGRIM is a symbol of our non-permanence in this world.
*As Catholics, we are simply traveling through on a journey, we are really "Citizens of Heaven." (Book of Hebrews )
4. The DOVE represents the HOLY SPIRIT--our prayer component at the center of our organization. The Holy Spirit guides everything we do and is responsible for all that we may accomplish.
5. The mantle, comprised of HOLLY sprigs surrounding the shield, represents the TRUTH (We advocate the truth in public policy).